Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hello, Dreamboat!

On a near-daily basis, I check used sailboat listings just to get an idea of what's out there and how much it costs. The other day, I found this little number and swooned:

A 33-Foot Cape Dory Cutter

Aside from the fact that I think "Cape Dory" is the cutest title ever (I know... Trent laughed, too, when I said that), here's why I like this boat so much:

-It's a solid cruising vessel.

-It's got a full keel. We tend to like full keeled boats - they seem sturdy and substantial.

-It's a good size. Some people would consider 33' to be quite small - but let's face it, you don't go cruising if you can't spend time with your family in close quarters. The smaller the boat, the cheaper the upkeep and other expenses.

-It's a decent price.

Of course, "decent price" is relative. For a Cape Dory in what looks to be very good condition, 65K seems like a good deal. Besides, you could always try to get a better price from the owner. But how we will ever have that kind of money to purchase a boat is beyond me. This is where the whole "faith and miracles" thing will hopefully come into play! ;-) - not to mention good, old-fashioned saving and frugality.

No comments:

Post a Comment