Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Just humming along

So far, the summer's been pretty uneventful: lots of work, lots of trips to the park, lots of visits to the public library, several excursions to Sonic during Happy Hour for half price cherry limeades. Last week, I attended a whirlwind, somewhat stressful professional development conference; I was very happy to get back home to my regular snail's-pace existence. 

If this is what a frugal summer without vacation is like, well, it isn't too shabby!

I've scheduled some time off from one of my gigs during the month of July. I'll still have work to do, but I'm hoping to get at least one day off per week. That should give me the opportunity I need to rest up and recharge for the rest of the year. I'm hoping to get some work done on our house (painting baseboards, maybe filling up some planters in our tiny backyard) and spend more quality time with our son.

At some point in the next week, I want to post a debt reduction update. It's been a year since we started our debt reduction journey. I'm proud of how far we've come and yes, I want to share it, along with some of the things we did to catalyze the process. Getting out of credit card debt isn't easy, and it doesn't happen overnight, but it can be done!

In the meantime, I'm curious... What are you doing this summer? Staying home? Going on vacation? Traveling? If you have any tips on fun, creative things to do with a high-energy toddler without breaking out the big bucks, please do share!




No comments:

Post a Comment